Matt and I celebrate our birthdays together each year. Mine is April 29th and Matt's is April 30th. Each week at church they put people that have a birthday that week in the bulletin. So we were in it last Sunday. Someone came up to me and said " You and Matt look like brother and sister and this just confirms it, ( she was pointing at our birthdays in the bulletin). You were born at 11:59 pm on the 29th and Matt was born at midnight on the 30th." I just laughed because that wasn't the first time I heard that we look alike.
My life is busy with my two boys and my primary calling. So on my birthday we had doctor appointments to go to, swim lessons, going on our daily walk, etc. My good friend Natalia took me out to lunch and to get a pedicure. It was my first time and I LOVE it! It was so relaxing. I didn't think about anything, it was so nice. The chairs we sat in gave us a massage at the same time. It was awesome. I was going to get a manicure too but didn't have time. We both had friends watching our boys so that was nice not to have to worry.
When I finally got home that day which was like 5pm. I had 7 messages on the answer machine and several people came by with yummy goodies. Matt got home later then usual and he told me to go back to get my manicure too. He told me "Go have fun it's your birthday, I can handle the boys." It was a busy rushed day but I felt like a princess and very loved. It was a wonderful birthday and I will always remember it. Thank you to all who made it a special day.
The next day which was Matt's birthday we went out to celebrate. My friend Kasey came over to watch the boys so we could go out. We went out to dinner, a movie and ice cream. It was so nice to go out together without the kids.
Happy Birthday Matt! I love you :)
Natalia and Debbie relaxing without the kids.
7 comments:
I totally forgot to call and say Happy Birthday! I am the worst about that! Hope you had a great day, the both of you! Glad you had fun.
I'm a jerk and didn't call either. You are so good to remember me and send me cards, I'm sorry! I'm glad to hear you had a great day you deserve it!
Im glad you had a good birthday! It is always fun to fell loved.
Happy Birthday, Debbie! I'm glad you felt special and loved. I got my first pedicure before Sean was born and wondered why I hadn't done that before. It's so nice to be pampered. I hope Matt has a great week in MN and things go smoothly for you while he's there.
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was wonderful!
That is one nice birthday!! Happy birthday to you both-are you really only a minute apart? That is so funny!
Ah Debbie, I miss you! I'm glad that you had a great birthday. I had no idea that you and Matt had birthdays only a day apart. That's really neat. I hope that you're doing well. I miss those walks of ours!
Hugs from your friend.
Post a Comment