Monday, May 17, 2010

Champion Swimmer!

For the past month Tyler has been learning to swim. I knew that he was ready when he started to go under water by himself last summer. So I got him into the best swim school here in town. It has been around for 50 years and is one of the biggest swim schools in the U.S. It is owned by a member of the church. They have two big heated pools on their property and are very well respected. They are VERY expensive but I found out that in the spring they give half off the lessons. So I signed Ty up and he has loved every min. of it. His teachers name is Chris and each morning he would say " Mom, can I go see Chris? I am ready for swim!" He now knows how to jump in the water and swim to the middle of the pool then he rolls over and floats on this back. Then once he has gotten enough air he flips back over and swims to the other side of the pool.

He has orange swim trucks and an orange swim shirt, so of course he wanted orange flippers to match. They called him little "Nemo" in the water. It was so fun to watch him learn and love doing it too. Today was his last lesson. When he was done he got to stand on the podium and receive his medal and ribbon of completion. He is now a "Champion Swimmer" they said and we all cheered and clapped. It sure did make him feel special.

Now that summer is coming he is ready for the hot weather we have here in CA. He can't wait to go to the pool and water park. Good job Tyler we are so proud of you. :)



Chris and Tyler

Carter just being cute and watching his big brother swim.

Receiving the medal.

Tyler the "Champion Swimmer"


5 comments:

Unknown said...

What an accomplishment! He looks so excited and proud of himself!

Katie and Victor said...

That is so cute!

Chelsey said...

I think it is so important for every child to have something that they really love and are good at. It sounds like he loves it and is on his way.

The Mergenthaler Family said...

So fun!! Our kids just get the Red Cross lessons at the rec center where they pack a million kids into every class. At the end of the session they get a piece of paper that says if they can go on to the next level or not--no medal. That place is so cool. I'm glad Tyler loved it.

Amber said...

I can't believe how big they are both getting. So since he can swim does that mean we'll see you at the Hardy party? j/t We miss you.