Sunday, June 6, 2010

Father & Son.....

CAMPOUT!
This weekend was our wards Father's and Son's campout. So Matt took Tyler with him. Tyler was so excited Thursday night and loved packing the car with Daddy. He couldn't sleep that night because he was so excited. Friday that is all he talked about. " I am going camping with my Daddy, mom when is it time? I am ready mom!" Too cute :)
They left Friday afternoon and followed some others from the ward up to the camp site. It was only about an hour away so that wasn't too bad. Tyler loved being there with all the other boys. He liked the tent, sleeping bag, and smores, and all other things that go with camping. It was his first time camping and being away from Mommy overnight. So Saturday when he got home he was stuck on me all day. He is a momma's boy!
Friday night since I was home alone with Carter we went over to a friends house and had dinner. It was fun to let our boys play while we visited and made dinner. My friend Natalia taught me how to make Empanadas (an Argentine meal). Matt served his mission in Argentina so he always talks about how they had Empanadas and how good they were. So I now know how to make them. I made them for dinner tonight and surprised Matt. He LOVED them. It reminded him of his mission. It was so fun to watch his face when he saw them on the table. We had a fun weekend. Tyler said he liked going camping but he wants me to come with him next time. We will have to see about that one!

Tyler in his jammies at the campfire.

Tyler and his friend Jet (One of his fellow Sunbeams!)

Daddy and Tyler at their campout.

3 comments:

Katie and Victor said...

That is so cute! I am glad that Ty had a good time camping. I would like to try those empenadas sometime!!!

Tammy said...

I forgot that your husband served his mission in Argentina. He taught me how to make empanadas and we have them often. If you want, I can tell you how to make milenesa. He would love for you to surprise him with that meal as well :)

The Mergenthaler Family said...

I love Father/Son campouts. Our house is soooo quiet without the boys, and they boys LOVE camping with their daddy. I also like the extra time I have to spend with just the girls. They realy need that interaction.