Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jury Duty

So this week I have been on call for Jury Duty. Matt is out of town all week so he took Tyler up to my mom's. That way he will be taken care of if I have to go in for Jury Duty. This week has been quiet with just me a Carter. During nap time when I am usually playing with Tyler I have been getting things done. It has been so weird to only have one child. I got two closets cleaned out that have been on my list of things to do for months. I got my lesson ready for Sharing Time on Sunday, laundry, dishes, Carter gettting one on one time together, etc.
We have been hanging out with his friend Preston and my friend Natalia. This week they had a free Hot Dog on a Stick and $1 smoothies at Jamba Juice. So we have been keeping busy and having fun!
Then today I actually had to go down town for Jury Duty. If you know me I am not one for new things. I had no idea where to go and how to get there. Then I had to worry about finding a babysitter for Carter. It was my worst nightmare. I didn't get any sleep the other night just worrying about everything. My friend Natalia (what a lifesaver) watched Carter for me so now I just had to figure out where I was going. They have a free parking lot for Jury people and then a shuttle that takes you to the court house. So that was a relief.
My lesson for Sharing Time is on "The Holy Ghost can protect and help/comfort us." I prayed so much the past couple of days and I feel like the Lord has truly blessed me. I went right to the parking lot with out any trouble. I got on the shuttle and got to the court house on time. I was so nervous and scared. I don't like new things! There was this lady there that I sat next to and we visited the whole time we were waiting. I felt like the Lord brought me someone to calm me down and to relax me. I had to go into the court room and the Judge released me because I told him that my husband has been out of town all week and I am a stay at home mom to two little kids. It is hard for me to get babysitters everyday.
What a relief. Now I have done my civil service for the year. Matt and Tyler come home tonight and we are so excited. It has been too long with out our other halfs. Carter has missed his little play mate. I am so glad that I can move on with my life and can't wait for our trip to Utah next week. That was another thing I was upset about. I was going to have to cancel my trip to Utah. Not anymore. We are so excited to go and see our family. It should be fun!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so relieved that things worked out (not that I was worried:) for you! Enjoy your little trip to Utah...and good luck traveling with 2 little kids. Can't wait to hear all about it!