My dear Grandma past away last month at the age of 91. We were all expecting it for a while now. She has been sick and not doing too well. But it was still hard to let her go. She is the most Christ like person I know. She never had anything bad to say about anyone and always had a big smile on her face. When you walked into the room she would light up and get so excited to see you. You felt like the most important person in world. She always made you feel special!
She had six children. Four are living and two died as children. She has 23 grandchildren and 42 great grandchildren. There were 20 of us grandchildren there for her funereal. It was a special time to be together again. We are all pretty close so it was nice to see everyone. My mom and I drove up to Idaho from California together. It was nice to not have the kids with us. The trip went a lot faster!
My wonderful husband watched my boys for me. Thank you, I love you! It was nice to spend time with my mom one on one. It was a very emotional weekend but we made it through. I got to go and dress my grandma in her special clothes. My mom, her two sisters, my two cousins and I all went. It was a neat experience. I also got to see one of my other cousins from my Carr side. That was nice to see her again. It was fun to stay up all night and play games with my cousins like we always do. I kept waiting for Gma to come walking in and play with us or make a funny joke. She was the only Grandparent I ever knew. My others died when I was little. So I didn't know them very well. She was always there for me. Whether in was a phone call, note, or even a package in the mail. She accomplished a lot in her 91 years of life and was the BEST Grandma in the world. I hope to be just even a little bit like her someday.
Grandpa &Grandma T., Debbie & Katie
Dec. 1985
Four Generations: Grandma T., Mom, Debbie, Tyler
Oct. 2006
Tyler playing games with Grandma T.
Grandma T. and my three boys
July 2011
(The last time we all saw her.)
Aunt Kathy, Aunt Tammy, and Mom (Marilou)(They look like sisters, don't they?!)
Heather (Kathy's), Heidi (Tammy's), Debbie (Marilou's)
Lourna, Mom, Uncle Richard, Aunt Kathy,
Uncle Nolan, Aunt Tammy
Grandma T's. grandsons20 of the 23 grandchildren
Mom and Debbie
3 comments:
Way to go, yesterday I just looked at the pictures but today I read what you wrote, now I am crying :) She was an amazing woman and will be missed. I am glad that you got to go.
Debbie,
I'm so sorry for your loss. My Grandma just passed away too. It is so sad for us and happy for them at the same time. I love eternal families!
Love, Nichole
It was great to see you but hard to say goodbye to Grandma T. She will always be with us. I would love copies of your pictures if you can email me some that would be so nice. menjoshua@yahoo.com.
Post a Comment