Monday, June 10, 2013

Monterey

So, a couple of weekends ago I took my boys on a little trip. Matt has been traveling a lot lately and working on his Masters program. We don't see him very much. Tyler had a 4 day weekend on Memorial weekend, plus Matt had a week break from school. So we booked a hotel and as soon as Matt got back into town we jumped into the car and took off. I let Matt sit in the back and watch a movie with the boys since he was tired of driving from work. 
We drove over to Monterey. Our first day we played at the beach mostly all day. We went to a big  park called Dennis the Menace. The boys had a blast. There were all sorts of different slides and climbing things. A big long bridge that was wobbly but it didn't scare Hayden.  He still ran across it screaming with laughter! We also had a picnic there and enjoyed just being together as a family.
 It was a lot cooler then we were use to. We brought some body boards and I taught Matt how to boggie board. The water was freezing. I actually didn't get all the way in but Matt loved it. He was out there for a long time.  The boys loved playing in the sand with their buckets and had fun. That night we all came home sunburnt! It was bad, little Hayden was the worst. We were all covered, it was just our faces were bright red. Hayden looked like a tomato. It matched his hair (which I hate by the way, we are hoping it will go strawberry blonde).  
The next day we woke up and got ready to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We spent all morning there looking at all the fish, sharks, jelly fish, otters, etc. They had little kid areas that the kids could play in with the animals or just fun stuff for them. Then we walked up and down the street and looked at all the cool shops they have there. We had some lunch and then headed back to the Aquarium. That is when we saw the seahorses. I think those were the best ones.  They are very interesting creatures. It was awesome and we had fun. It was a short trip but long enough with kids. 
Crazy boys! What is it with picking noses?!
Dennis!!!!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

What a fun trip! I can't believe how much your boys are growing up! Hayden looks a lot like Katie! I think of you and your family often Debbie! I sure miss you!
Love ya!

Amber said...

Fun family trips, I love them. Now your coming to Cherry Hill for your next one right?:)We miss y'all!

Unknown said...

I think Hayden looks like Debbie! Wish we lived closer to go on trips with you guys.