Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween

Well, the Mergenthaler family had a fun filled Halloween! Our ward had a carnival the weekend before and the boys had fun trick or treating in the building and playing the fun games. For FHE that week we carved our pumpkins. I think this was the first year our boys actually put their hands inside the pumpkin. They get grossed out by all the gooey stuff. 
Then Halloween day was a busy one for us. That morning we all got up and went with Tyler to school. He had a costume parade with his whole school. Afterwards we headed to the library for story time and trick or treating. I took my friends kids with us too. I watch them every Wed. so I braved it and took 4 little kids by myself. Luckly for me there were other mommies/friends there too to help me. The boys had fun with their friends and of course getting yummy candy.
That afternoon when Tyler got home we put their costumes back on and went to the mall for more trick or treating. Every year I have been going out with the boys and Matt stays home to pass out the candy. I decided it was his turn to deal with the kids. (Something I do everyday 24/7).
I know that might of been a little too much trick or treating. But hey they only get to wear their costume once so I figured we should get our use out of it. Plus, I go through their candy and get rid of ones we don't like. Then I hand it out to our trick or treaters. Is that so bad?!
This year we had Buzz Lightyear, Spiderman, and a little duck.
You can't get much cuter then that!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

They look great. I love Matt's costume too.

Amber said...

So fun! I love the muscles on Spiderman! Miss you, sounds like y'all are doing great!

Missy Young said...



Matt and Michael wore the same costume for Halloween. Guess that uniform does come in handy.:)