Tyler just finished his first year of school. It flew by for all of us. He graduated from Kindergarten on Friday. He has grown up so much in the past year, it is crazy! He has made so many new friends and learned so many new things. He is a smart little guy and we are so proud of him. I am going to miss going into his classroom every Friday it was the highlight of my week. I loved working with the kids and being there with him. I went in this week for their Kindergarten picnic. I meant to take pictures but, I never had a chance too. They had 9 different stations outside: bike race, jump ropes, bubbles, golf, bowling, play ground, ice cream (snack), musical chairs, and ring toss. I was in charge of the ice cream station so I had it pretty easy. They had a blast. It was the first day that they actually didn't do any work and got to play. Kindergarten sure has changed since I have been there. It is so much more hard core and lots more learning. He was doing 1st grade stuff back in January. Half of the stuff I didn't learn till 1st or 2nd grade.
On the last day of school I was running late and saw one of the other moms in the parking lot. She said "I can't believe it is over, I almost cried." I thought to myself really this is only Kindergarten we are talking about. Then I barely stepped into his classroom and I lost it. I didn't bawl but I did get teary eyed. This was the last time I was going to be in this classroom and Tyler was done with his first year of school. It hit me hard and I was sad/happy at the same it. I have also made some new friends this year. It has been a crazy year with a newborn and a Kindergartner but we made it with flying colors. He is excited to move on to first grade and we have already found out who his teacher will be next year. He can't wait! Now is off to our fun filled summer.
First day of school
(August 2011)
Last day of school.
Did you notice he is wearing the same shirt?!
I thought that was funny, but I didn't tell him.
(June 2012)
Tyler and Mrs. B. (Kindergarten Teacher)
Tyler gave up naps at age 2 1/2. I guess a whole year of school wore him out. This is how I found him after lunch.
2 comments:
I love the pictures of first day and last day! Time does go by way too fast. I remember Jordan's kindergarten year like it was yesterday and now he is going into middle school:(. If only I could slow down time a little.
I have been a terrible friend! First I missed your bday (again!), and I haven't been reading blogs lately. I feel so out-of-touch. It was good to read and catch up on your life and family:) I just need to pick up the phone more often!
What I really wanted to post: I felt the same way last year with Grace. So sad to end kindergarten, but excited for her too. Bitter sweet!
Post a Comment