A couple of weeks ago my boys and I went on a little field trip with some friends to the Fire station. They gave us a tour of the station, (which was pretty nice and upscale from my house). I don't have a big screen t.v., granite counter tops, stainless appliances, etc. Anyways, we got to talk to the fire fighters and ask questions. I learned a lot of stuff I didn't know. Like there is a difference between the fire truck/fire engine. One has the ladder and the other doesn't. Then we went out to the garage to see the fire truck. The boys loved it, it was a big hit! There were a couple of other little boys and they were all in aw! It was so cute to watch their faces.
They got to look inside and touch the truck which was the best part to Carter. (On a side note, Tyler was at school so he was pretty upset that he missed it.) The fire fighters were very friendly and nice to the kids. They gave them badges and little hats. It made them feel important. When we were all done with our tour they actually got a call and had to leave so we got to see them suit up and take off with the lights and sirens. To say the least our boys enjoyed their little trip to the fire station.
1 comment:
Your such an awesome Mom. Great idea, looks like fun:)
Post a Comment