Friday, November 19, 2010

Attached

Both of my boys didn't do the binky thing or sucking the thumb. So I was glad they weren't attached to something that I had to get rid of. I have found out that Carter does have some things he loves.
Carter walks around the house with his Pooh Bear blanket in one hand and a hand full of cars in the other. If you even try to help him carry them he will let you know ( I don't think so!) He drags that blanket everywhere. In the car, store, house, outside, etc. It gets pretty dirty and he screams when I take it to wash it. One time I even caught him pulling it out of the hamper. Then I got it back while he wasn't looking, yea right. He came running to the washer and started banging on it. This warm and comfortable blanket is something he has to have a nap time and bed time or he will not go to sleep. We forgot to tell the babysitter one time and she found out the hard way! This blanket was made by Gma Mergenthaler. So Gma he does LOVE it!
The other thing he is attached to is cars. He loves them and plays with them all day. He carries them all over and is always seen with mounds in his arms. They even join us at the dinner table sometimes. He is so cute and growing up so fast.

Carter with his piles of cars on the table.

Tyler and Carter with his blanket.

Loving the blanket.

Me and my blanket!


2 comments:

The Mergenthaler Family said...

Ricky is 6 1/2 and still loves his blanket. It mostly stays in bed now, but if it is missing from his bed at bed-time we HAVE TO find it. Andrew was attached to a blanket for a couple of years, but now he will go days without noticing its disappearance. He even puts it in the hamper for me to wash (daily). I think he is more addicted to the smell of fresh laundry than his actual blanket. Carter is sure growing up!

Amber said...

Zina always has her bink (binky) and her blanky and now recently she has to have her drink too. The girl falls all over the place walking trying to carry all this stuff!