Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Vacation

The past week my boys and I went on a little road trip. I have been telling Matt that I would like to go up to Utah/Idaho to see all of my family. I just didn't know when I would be able to go. Then one of cousins reminded me that there is the little mini reunion every year at a Water Park in Utah. So I packed up our stuff and we drove to Utah following Gma and Gpa Carr. We went the Southern route and stopped in St. George to see some family. Then we headed on up to Lehi. I have tons of family in the Salt Lake/Provo area. We stayed with my cousin Josh and his wife Amber. They have two kids; Jr. and Zina, both adoreable! Tyler and Jr. are only a year apart and played so well together. It was a nice break to have someone else entertain him.
We had the best time at their house. We went to the Dinosaur museum and the boys had a blast. They got to see all kinds of Dinosaurs but also got to play. There were several different areas for the kids to play. They got to play with dinosaurs, puzzles, water/sand area, and digging in the dirt for dinosaur bones. The best part was getting free ice cream afterwards!
When the kids went to bed we played games and just had a lot of fun. I loved it. Thank you Amber for such a wonderful time. :)
Saturday we are headed to the water park and had even more fun. All of my cousins and Aunts and Uncles were there. It was so good to see everyone. Especially Gma Tolman she was the main reason I went. She will be turning 90 years old this fall and I wanted to see her. I haven't been to Cherry Hills (the water park) in a long time. It has lots of memories for me since I was a little girl. So it was fun to go and take my kids.
We traveled on up to Pocatello, Idaho that night and spent the next few days with Gma Tolman and the Briscoes. It was my Uncle Nolan's birthday so we all went out on the lake in his boat and had fun. It was Tyler's first time on a boat. He was a little scared at first but then warmed up a little bit. We went on a nice long boat ride and I got burnt to a crisp on my legs. The only place I never put sunscreen because they never get touched. I was wrong!
I even went on the tube behind the boat and had a blast. It was so much fun! I loved every minute of our trip and will never forget it. Even though Carter is not a fan of the car and screamed most of the way. It was worth it.

Jr. and Tyler playing with the Dinosaurs at the museum.

Mommy, Carter and Tyler at the museum.

Maelyn, Tyler and Carter eating lunch at Cherry Hills.

Mommy and Tyler on the boat.

Tyler and Gma Tolman playing Candyland Bingo.




3 comments:

Shelly said...

It was so good to see you Debbie thanks for taking time to come and visit with us!!! Your little boys are so cute!!

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a great time on your trip! Just reading about all your fun little adventures made me miss summertime in Utah.

Amber said...

Junior wants to "see Tyler" again soon! We had a great time too:)